Mgr Paul Grogan

Mgr Paul Grogan
Mgr Paul Grogan

Monday 2 April 2012

A happy gang at Brimham Rocks

We had our final Chaplaincy walk of the term yesterday - an eight-miler from Glasshouses to Brimham Rocks in Nidderdale. It was one of those blessed occasions when all the students involved - many of whom are from different friendship groups - genuinely came together. Everybody was a bit tired - it being the end of term - and a number hadn't bethought themselves properly: they lacked waterproofs and fleeces and hats. Actually, I'm being kind: they were just dozy. They remind me of me. I distributed everything I had - fortunately I've built up quite a store over the years - and everybody had more or less what they needed. Two moments stand out: sitting together on one of the massive rocks and munching our sandwiches whilst staring out over the valley; and hearing one of the students say to me over steaming cups of tea in the Chaplaincy Lounge afterwards: "Shall we finish with Evening Prayer, Father?" What a great way to draw things to a close for Holy Week! Here is a picture of our happy gang:

No comments:

Post a Comment