Mgr Paul Grogan

Mgr Paul Grogan
Mgr Paul Grogan

Tuesday 3 January 2012

A 10-mile walk in the hills above Skipton

The weather yesterday was foul but a priest friend and I persevered and we had a great few hours trudging through mud and sliding down embankments, sharing stories (many of them funny ones) and getting things off our minds. I told him that I am resolved to organise walks for young men who are thinking about the priesthood this year. There is something about being in the outdoors that opens us up to new possibilities. When I was discerning all those years ago I set out to walk the Dales Way and came to an abrupt ignominious halt halfway, a hyperventilating wreck! Still I'm sure that it did me good in the long term. My friend warned that we ought to ensure that men who hate the outdoors would nevertheless feel welcomed. Of course that's true, technically.

No comments:

Post a Comment